Thursday 10 May 2012

Reasons to be Cheerful XXXX ( #R2BC )

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

Here are this week's reasons to smile! 


1) 40 entries!


Wow hard to believe that I have joined in 40 times to this lovely blog hop. So thanks to Michelle for this brilliant idea which helps me to focus on the positive things in my life!


2) Sunny bank holiday


Well it was mostly sunny apart from Monday afternoon. This meant we were out and about doing things around Kendal and at Brockhole and even managed a BBQ! It all seems a distant dream now the rain has returned:




3) Anti dog fouling campaigning


Regular readers will know that my family are very keen to reduce dog fouling following the effect it has had on my daughter. It has been a bit of a domino effect from her being featured in the Westmorland Gazette after writing to the editor. This was then picked up the North West Evening Mail as part of their month long campaign. 


She was also spotted by StreetKleen who are a social enterprise looking to turn dog mess into a a fuel and therefore helping the environment in a double way. The founder Gary Downie wants us to go to Flintshire for a visit and press conference to use my daughter as an example of why people should scoop the poop! He has also put us in touch with a Canadian documentary team who are looking for real cases of children effected by dog poo. My daughter is excited at the thought of being famous so hope it all comes together...

4) Bliptastic


Because of my 730 blips my details were passed to local newspapers. Today I was contacted by the Westmorland Gazette for an interview and they are going to photograph me next week! Hopefully I'll be getting my own 15 minutes of fame for taking my daily photographs like today's rather wet one:


1 comment:

  1. You live in such a beautiful place!!!! What mountain range is that in the distance?

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message